Leather/BDSM lifestyle & education
- Ambrosio has a rich collection of resources addressing
I also like caryl's BDSM Page. Don't let the modest title fool ya.
- BDSM in Texas
- BDSM in general
- Health & safety
- Abuse vs. SM
- Dating & communication
- Manners & traditions
- The law & BDSM
- Community service
- Looking for Kink Aware Professionals in your area? This resource was helpful to my former slave, dave, when we hit a relationship bump while he was in Atlanta on business. He pulled up the psychotherapist list, found someone in Atlanta, was able to talk about whatever issue and include the Master/slave power dynamic. It made a difference. Similarly, when Tom and I were in a triad with boy tim and we hit a bump, we pulled up the psychotherapist list, found someone in Austin who happened to be particularly knowledgeable about polyamoury, and the three of us had good, open sessions with that person.
- Chat services include recon for gay men, FetLife -- "Similar to Facebook but run by kinksters like you and me" -- and others like ALT.com and AssPig.
- If you'd like to learn more about Domination and submission you might attend Butchmanns Experience: A Journey into Leather Heart and Spirit, a weekend training program for novice Masters and slaves called Master Taino's Training Academy, the MASTER/slave conference in D.C., or SouthPlains Leatherfest (Dallas), which includes Master/slave workshops and the International Master / slave contest.
If you want to meet folk at a leather event which offers workshops, you might attend Black Rose (Washington, D.C.), Thunder in the Mountains (Denver), Southwest Leather Conference (Phoenix), or the great SouthPlains Leatherfest (Dallas).
If you just want to meet leatherfolk in general, there's always International Mr. Leather ("IML", Chicago), Folsom Street Fair (San Francisco), Folsom Street East (New York), American Brotherhood Weekend ("ABW", location varies), International Ms. Leather ("IMsL"), and other gatherings.
- National Coalition for Sexual Freedom is a great organization which also offers tips for local activism.
- Here's a resource from the Leather Leadership Conference for Building Community in Your Leather Community or Club. The LLC library has an index of available articles.
Police / uniform
- Officer Wes presents on incorporating uniform play in the bedroom.
- Cops look hot. Here are some resources for pulling together your own look:
- Galls is America's Largest Supplier to Public Safety Professionals. They also have "Build your own badge in 3 easy steps".
- nyfirestore.com has NYPD and FDNY shirts, patches & pins
- Police Badge Network
- NIC Law Enforcement Supply
- GOAL NY - Gay Officers Action League of New York.
- Hot Boots is a site devoted to a man's love of boots.
- Stompers Boots is the place to buy 'em.
- Bootdog has some great tips on lacing and boot care.
- TheDuchy: Rope Bondage Tutorials for both Beginning and Experienced Players is a good place to start.
- How to make a rope harness was created by Ropeman. It is maintained here as a community resource with his kind permission.
- Look around some shopping sites for ideas and inspiration.
- KinkEngineering.com has some nice gear, pretty hoods / masks and helpful tips.
- LeatherWerks "is the Southeast's premier Leather and Fetish shop. We are a full service leather store addressing the needs of gay men and the greater fetish community. LeatherWerks... Where Leather is a LifestyleŽ"
Side note: Bear Man, the owner, is a great guy.
- Paradise Electro Stimulations makes all sorts of fun electrical gear and will sell directly to the public.
- Mr. S Leather (and Madame S for ladies) is the granddaddy of leather places. Their craftsmanship is unparalleled.
- Extreme Restraints seems to have everything.
- Leather Creations is run by a friend-of-a-friend. I heard he and his late partner were nice men.
- StationHouse Leathers and Gear is a particularly good place for prisoner restraints.
- For those boys who are allergic to a nickel or zinc-plated collar, try Bo'sun Supplies, Co. for stainless steel and titanium chain. My thanks to the late "boy jarret, proud to be collared by Master Rick" for the suggestion.
- Sybian.com, manufacturers of the amazing "Venus for Men" and "Sybian for Women"
- Robert Dante's Bullwhip.net for everything bullwhip-related.
- Happy Tails floggers at www.flogger.com.
Body modifications (piercings, tattoos, etc.)
- BME - Body Mod Ezine has information on piercing, tattoos, scarification, rituals and culture.
- ShopMedVet.com has medical and veterinary supplies.
Straight razor shaving
- Caring For Your Straight Razor
- The Joy of Shaving, dedicated to preserving the tradition of shaving with a mug, soap and a brush.
Leather/SM Pictures & Stories
- BLUF Breeches and Leather Uniform Fanclub
- Nifty Erotic Stories Archive has leather stories under Gay Male (& Lesbian) -- Authoritarian
Austin (where my ex, Tom, and I lived 2000-2002) & Central Texas gay leather
- Bound by Desire is a women's BDSM group.
- Dallas' Discipline Corps is more North Texas than Central, but it's the closest place for monthly men's parties.
- Austin's Group With No Name is the large pansexual group and throws a great annual affair, the GWNN Bash.
© 1998-2017 by Officer Wes